Lugano, 28 June 2013
Fellowship Selection Committee
The ESASO Fellowship Board met in Lugano on 28 June 2013 to select the new Fellows 2013-2014.
The ESASO Fellowship Board included Borja Corcostegui, Leonidas Zografos, Giuseppe Guarnaccia, Christoph Scholda, Ottavio Bernasconi and Maurizio Battaglia Parodi. Stanley Chang was Skype-connected to interview the candidates.
The 2012 ESASO Fellowship Programme included the following positions:
• Surgical Retina Fellowship at Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular (IMO) of Barcelona
• Surgical Retina Fellowship at Ophthalmology Department of University of Wien
• Surgical Retina Fellowship at Ophthalmology Department of University of Munich
• Medical Retina Fellowship at Ophthalmology Department of University Vita-Salute of Milan
• Research Fellowship at Institute of Ophthalmology & Visual Science, UMDNJ of New Jersey
• Medical Retina Fellowship at Department of Ophthalmology, Tel Aviv Medical Center (TLVMC)
& Sackler Faculty of Medicine, University of Tel Aviv
• Medical Retina Fellowship at Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular (IMO) of Barcelona
• Cataract & Refractive Surgery Fellowship at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona
After a thorough discussion the ESASO Fellowship Board decided to assign one Fellowships:
• Cataract & Refractive Surgery Fellowship at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona to Omar Barrada, Egypt
Moreover, in consideration of the her personal motivations and aspirations, the ESASO Fellowship Board offered to Joanna Capoferri, Switzerland, a three-month Observership in a European Vitreo-retinal Unit to be defined.
President of the Committee, Borja Corcostegui, adjourned the meeting at 3:30 pm.
President of the Committee
Borja Corcostegui, Spain
Director of the Fellowship Programme
Stanley Chang, USA
Ottavio Bernasconi, Switzerland
Giuseppe Guarnaccia, Italy
Christoph Scholda, Austria
Leonidas Zografos, Switzerland
Secretary Maurizio Battaglia Parodi, Italy